1 Peter 4:10 “Right Time, Right Grace”
“Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.” (1 Peter 4:10)
Perhaps this morning you’re thinking, “Ok, another scripture on grace.” But did you read and understand exactly what the scripture above is telling you?
Let’s do a quick dissection:
- Each of you –in case that’s not clear enough, that’s means ALL BELIEVERS – no one is exempt
- Should Use – requires an action on our part
- Whatever gift you have received – “Whatever” is the gift God has placed in you. Another way to think about it, “What’s in your hand?”
- To serve others – not for our own purposes but serving others ultimately serves God
- Faithful stewards – when you put your gift into action – you are a faithful steward.
No one person has everything. We need to share our gifts to inspire, comfort, encourage, and challenge one another. No matter how big or small our gift is, we can use it to help someone along the way and in doing so, play a part in extending God’s grace to our fellow man.