In John 17:11 Jesus prayed that all of His disciples would be one. As a church, understanding our mission, priorities and standards helps us to have unity within our great diversity. Knowing these gives us the ability to be ALL IN for His glory 365 days a year!
In Matthew 28:19, Jesus has given us one mission: go and make disciples. True disciples make disciples. Our church is a place where we strengthen you and provide space to do that. Our mission statement identifies three of the greatest characteristics of a true and growing disciple.
In Mark 12:30, Jesus said the greatest commandment was to love God with everything you have and everything you are. We know this is only possible through the Holy Spirit. Therefore, our mission is to help disciples grow in living in the Spirit (Live in His Presence) every day.
In John 13:34, Jesus gives one new command, to love one another the way He loves us. Cornerstone’s mission is to provide the teaching, opportunities and encouragement for each disciple to receive the love of God and grow in living it out. (Love One Another)
In Luke 19:10, Jesus said that He came to seek and save what was lost. True disciples of Jesus want to do the same thing. True disciples make other disciples and fulfill the heart of God to have the lost found and come back to His family. (Lead Others to Jesus)
So at Cornerstone we grow disciples who:
- Live in His presence
- Love one another
- Lead others to Jesus
We sum all of this up with a simple saying: “Live. Love. Lead.”
Acts 2:42-47 describes the pattern and priorities of the first church that Jesus created through the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. We commit to these same priorities through specific programs that give you the chance to be discipled and disciple others.
We grow disciples through our:
- Discipleship Pathway (v42) “devoted … to the apostles teaching”
- Small Groups (v42) “devoted themselves … to the fellowship”
- Spirit-led Services & Prayer (v43) “many signs and wonders were done”
- Bilingual Ministry (v44) “All … had everything in common”
- Ministry Teams (v45) “They gave to anyone as they had need”
- Next Gen Programs (v47) “The Lord added … those who were … saved”
Acts 6:3-5 gives us a description of those who were first called to serve the church. We believe that all those who serve should grow into this as a standard. We want every member to become a disciple that has these qualities and commitments in their relationships and in their ministry. These standards grow great disciples who make a very fruitful church! Notice the New Testament church
We grow disciples with:
- Personal Integrity (v3) “known to be full of the Holy Spirit”
- Ministry Competency (v3) “we will turn this responsibility over to them”
- A Team Building Mindset (v3) “choose seven men from among you”
- Consistent Communication (v3) “full of … wisdom”
- Prioritizing Diversity in our Unity (v5) “they chose …Philip, Procorus, Nicanor …”