I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people…this is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. (1 Tim. 2:1, 3-4). This week, we’re praying for Jesus to be known in our friends and neighbors who don’t know Christ. Use the following prayer acronym as a guide for those whom you are praying for:
See a true witness of His life
Hear the true Gospel
Accept the Spirit’s Work
Repent of their sin & pride
Enter into church fellowship
Your goal this week is to choose at least 3 people (or families) whom you are praying for to discover salvation in Jesus. Maybe pick one person to pray for each day of the week. Or, maybe rotate persons you are praying for each day among your family members. Let the Lord show you whom you are to be interceding for. If you are new to praying for others (intercession), here’s a possible sample prayer for praying over each person.
- S– Let [NAME] see you through your power & presence.
- H– Let [NAME] not be distracted by…counterfeit Christianity
- A– Holy Spirit, rain down on [NAME] heart(s) and minds
- R– Mercifully, but completely, break the hardness of [NAME] pride, control, and will
- E– Let [NAME] find your powerful grace and healing in a healthy church family.
Romans 1:16: For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes. As you intercede for others, may God’s heart for the lost be multiplied in you!