- 41 years ago at the age of 9, I accepted Christ Jesus as my Lord and Saviour. Since that time I have found myself not always walking the straight and narrow path of a Christian. I never went to church. Now, at the age of 50, I have decided to rededicate my life to serving the Lord wholeheartedly, allowing the Holy Spirit to encompass my entire being so that I can walk that straight and narrow path in the light and not in darkness.
- Hace 41 años, a la edad de 9 años, acepté a Cristo Jesús como mi Señor y Salvador. Desde ese momento me he encontrado no siempre caminando por el camino recto y estrecho de un cristiano. Nunca fui a la iglesia. Ahora, a la edad de 50 años, he decidido volver a dedicar mi vida a servir al Señor de todo corazón, permitiendo que el Espíritu Santo abarque todo mi ser para que pueda caminar ese camino recto y estrecho en la luz y no en la oscuridad.
- I have lived a life far from God, and tried to live my life all alone without influence from other people. I struggled for years with alcohol abuse, abusive romantic relationships, and joblessness. Finally, one Sunday I came to church and met Jesus for the first time. He convicted my heart and clearly showed me I needed to change.
The Bible says in Acts 22:16, ‘and now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sin away, calling on his name!’ Instead of continuing to make bad choices, I have decided to center my choices in Jesus.
- He vivido una vida lejos de Dios, y he tratado de vivir mi vida solo sin la influencia de otras personas. Luché durante años con el abuso del alcohol, las relaciones románticas abusivas y el desempleo. Finalmente, un domingo fui a la iglesia y me encontré con Jesús por primera vez. Él convenció a mi corazón y claramente me mostró que necesitaba cambiar.
La Biblia dice en Hechos 22:16, “y ahora, ¿qué estás esperando? ¡Levántate, bautízate y lava tu pecado, invocando su nombre! ’En lugar de seguir tomando malas decisiones, he decidido centrar mis decisiones en Jesús.
- I remember praying with my mom and asking Jesus into my heart when I was 5 or 6. It’s been a journey and growing relationship ever since. There have been dry spells and times where I have drifted away. But God’s hand has always been on me as a father’s hand is on a child he loves. Recently, God convicted me about the fact that even though I have been a Christian for many years, I needed to be water baptized. So today, as I take this step, I am trusting that God’s hands are embracing and loving me.
- I was scared and worried a lot of times. Recently, I started going to church and learned about Jesus. I want to be baptized because I believe in Jesus. Jesus protects me and I trust in Him. I know I might make mistakes but I want to live for Jesus. Christ is changing my life because I’m not afraid and worried as much because He protects me and loves me and he makes me strong. Jesus is super awesome!
- I was in the hospital on the verge of death. I was at my weakest point and I struggled to get out of bed with all my tubes and my wires. I got up out of bed, almost too weak to stand. I walked over to the wall, I put my hands and head on the wall, and told God, it’s in your hands now because I can’t live life by myself anymore. I needed him to take the lead and whatever he says, I will go.
Jesus is my all in all. He is my First and Last, Beginning and End, and ultimate healer! Today, I live free from pain and free from the fear of death because I believe in Jesus.