Descriptions of Available Positions
Creating unforgettable worship experiences that reflect the diversity of heaven.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES: WORSHIP MINISTRY
- Building a worship ministry that reflects Cornerstone’s vision and heart of Pentecost, developing and empowering different leaders, cultures and generations.
- Leading & Building Teams within the Worship Ministry: Band and Vocal
- Leading Worship & Raising up Worship Leaders to lead on Sundays, during Corporate Worship Events such as First Wednesdays, Guest Speaker Weekends, etc.
- Building systems and structures that recruit, train and equip volunteers in leading worship and serving within the ministry
- Building a “worshiping culture” at Cornerstone by providing leadership during the corporate worship moments; training and teaching to the church body; and providing “everyday resources” for worship (blog, recordings, etc).
- Using Planning Center Online as a central scheduler and database for training and charts.
- Song research and development, multitracking, chart- building, etc.
- Incorporating use of gospel, Hispanic & CCM music in a way that the congregation can grow in at a healthy pace. Having all lyrics translated into Spanish for subtitles on Sunday morning slides and also working towards the goal of singing one chorus or part of a song in Spanish each week.
- Responsible for the oversight of the ongoing discipleship of worship ministry members through means such as small group involvement, relational events, church membership, etc.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES: SUNDAYS & CORPORATE SERVICES
- Leading the worship teams that execute unforgettable Sunday Services.
- Executing all planning, coordination and communication for Sunday worship
- Planning and executing worship elements for our creative services (Christmas Eve, Easter, Fall Kick Off, etc.) with artistic and production specials that highlight out church family, such as ensembles, spoken word, dance, etc.
- Maintain calendar and schedule of services (Sunday mornings, First Wednesday)
- Responsible for scheduling and equipping those participating in services: sealing moment (after worship), hosting moment, announcements and language/scripts
- Plan and execute regular rotations of sacraments and special service elements (communion, baptism, new members child dedication, mission moments, prayer moments, etc)
RESPONSIBILITIES: STAFF LEADER
- Supporting the Lead Pastor in all areas, always striving to uphold the Pastor and seeking the success of the corporate vision.
- Pro-actively praying for Cornerstone’s ministries and members.
- Providing pastoral care and counseling to the entire body.
- Endorsing and participating in “corporate events.” These events are determined during our annual calendar planning meeting.
- Serve where needed during Sunday morning services, assisting with leadership, planning and preaching, as requested by the Lead Pastor.
- Engage the greater body of Christ in Chesterfield and Richmond, building relationships with other
|Pay Type||Full-Time + Employee-Only Benefits|
|Office Hours||Monday-Thursday 9am-4:30pm; Thursday Worship Practice 6:45p-9p; Sundays 8am-1pm|
|Direct Report||Lead Pastor|